The Ukulele Baby Songbook contains 18 songs and some instructions for ukulele beginners. The songbook includes a music CD with all the songs in the book played by the author. The songs vary from easy to difficult with many others of average simplicity. The main themes are popular music, old standards and Hawaiian music. There are a few songs written by the author.
The songs are arranged for standard as well baritone ukulele. The facing page to each songs has chord charts for both instruments. The illustration below shows the cover and a typical song on the right and the chords on the left.
The back cover has charts for the most common chords with photo illustrations of the hands making the chords for both standard and baritone ukulele.
In addition to the songs there are some finger picking giveaways that are useful to beginners as well as seasoned players. Here’s a sample.
You can see a demo of this technique played by Joe on You Tube at
The song list is as follows .
1. “Ukulele Baby” this title song was written by the author, Joe Tate
2. “Don’t Think Twice” Bob Dylan
3. “Tumbling Tumbleweeds” Bob Nolan
4. “Down By The Riverside” Traditional
5. “I’m A Cowboy Too” Hunter Starbird, Joe Tate
6. “Froggy Went A Courtin” Traditional
7. “Manha De Carnaval” Luiz Bonfa , Antonio Maria
8. “Song Of Old Hawaii” Gordon Beecher, John Noble
9. ” Under The Boardwalk” Kenny Young, Arthur Resnick
10. “Hanalei Moon” Bob Nelson
11. “In A Canoe” Manny Lemes, John Noble
12. “Girl From Ipanema” Antonio Carlos Jobim, V. De Moraes
13. “Just The Thought Of You” Ray Noble
14. “Over The Rainbow” Harold Arlen, E.Y. Harburg
15. Sailor’s Alphabet” Traditional
16. “You Don’t Know” Traditional adaptation by Joe Tate
17. “Time and Time Again” Joe Tate
18. “Avenging Angel” Joe Tate
To buy the Ukulele Baby Songbook write to email@example.com.